Old 08-06-2011, 07:37 AM
nickylsf

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by nickylsf
Originally Posted by nickylsf
Originally Posted by Charlee
Nicky, it's been "modified"....and it would depend on what they're asking for it...but would be a nice machine to refurb and make into a handcrank/treadle... :)
Thanks Charlee. I am going to go back there and offer $10.

Addendum: I went back and decided against this Singer. I started to wonder if it was really a Singer, as the decals on the bed looked good but there was no "Singer" decal at all on the arm.

Instead I came home with a very rough W&W head, cabinet and treadle. It is so cute I could not leave it there. It is a Model 8, from 1876. Looking at the manual on ISMACS it appears that my cabinet is missing the drawers.
:) Go look at the photo thread Nicki...My W&W 8 is posted there...
Yes, your machine is missing a couple of things. The drawers, the slide plate are gone, as is the coffin top. When I get home I'll get the email for you for a guy that I've bought parts from. He might be able to help you with that. I love that the decals are still there, despite the abuse it's suffered. Be *REALLY* careful cleaning it...they disappear with a puff of air!! ;) The spooler (bobbin winder) is still there too...that took me two years to find! (check out that glass presser foot!)
Thanks Charlee, when I clean it what would you suggest I use on the head? Will the GoJo hand cleaner work?