View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Ps 150

Originally Posted by fratcat
I must be lucky in a lot of ways. I was never able to get pregnant, and suffered from horrible entrometriosis, resulting in a hysterectomy when I was 42 years old. I believe my total menopause symptoms lasted all of 3 days, and since that time, never had any. also, i do not take estrogent replacement becuase of all the bad things I hear about it. I am now 64 years old, have been happily married for 17 years and have an active life with my husband. AS I said, I was lucky, except for never being able to have children.
Same story here, though my hyst was at 26. I didn't even know I had it. The doctors first discovered it when I was a minor and having extremely painful mestruations. Instead of discussing it with me, they informed my parents about the endo and cysts and asked to do a hyst at 16 but my Dad refused to give permissiong (praise God!). However, I lived with my mother but she didn't tell me about the endo and so I found out the hard way--when I went to the ER for appendicitis, they found it and told me about the previous discovery. But, since I was so young at 26, the surgeon insisted I take HRT's and now I'm taking an ERT. Not sure what a safe age/time frame would be to get rid of these.