View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 10:05 AM
gramma mo

Originally Posted by cindy4857
Hi all, I have a black and white pic. of my grandson that I would like to duplicate it in fabric for a wall hanging. Only problem is I have no idea how to do it or where to start. I've been here on the board for hmmm bout a year now I guess. When I post pic's I don't usually get more than a few responses. I often wonder why because most post go on for pages and pages. But If anyone would be willing to help me figure out how to to this I would truly be greatful.

Cross fingers gonna try to post the pic. I can't figure out how to scan it and then get it here. I'm gonna work on it. The computer isn't reconizing my scanner. Any how If someone might want to take the task on helping me do fabric Art please please please let me know.
Hi - I have done one wall hanging that was done from a picture postcard. I enlarged the picture on a copy machine to 8 1/2 x 11 and then copied it onto a transparency (a clear plastic sheet) From there I enlarged the pattern with a black sharpie pen onto a big piece of white butcher paper on an overhead projector. The pattern was easy to trace onto fabric. I used fusible webbing on the back of the fabric and cut and fit the fabric pieces together on a background like a puzzle. I'm sure there are easier techniques.
If you want to see how awesome a picture quilt wall hanging can turn out - please look at "jupiter's" blog. She's a VERY talented QBer, and president of our quilt guild this year:
http://marilynjsmith.blogspot.com/