View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 10:09 AM
AnneT

Originally Posted by katkat1946
WOW!! Grey and white does not sound interesting but this is wonderful! Nice surprise and nice to see the effect. It's very peaceful, tasteful, even elegant.
Well, when I talked my friend into making them a quilt, I wasn't sure how it would turn out. She wanted something to calm her down, b/c she calls herself a nervous person. When she told me, she wanted a grey quilt just with solids, I nearly went nuts inside. A draft in Quilt Pro showed a quilt which looked like a view into a TV before the invention of color TV, lol. No way, I told her and went shopping without her. The only limit of hers was "no paisley"-fabric, which was easy to obey b/c I didn't find any, lol. She wanted straight line quilting, which I wasn't able to do, so I came up with the little loops. Good luck, she loves it.

In the end, I guess, I reached my goal of an peaceful, calm but anything but boring quilt. Lesson learned: Don't ask too many questions if the person to answer hasn't any clue of fabric, sewing and quilts ;-).

If you made it to the end of this long story, congrats and thank you for your time and attention. Last not least, thank you so much for your kind comments, they make me feel proud :).