Thread: I love to quilt
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 09:01 AM
scarlett686_

hello pattysue,
Just read your email and was happy to hear from you...I actually started quilting either the end of 1999 or early part of 2000, forgot which one...I had breast cancer in oct. 1996 and after 6 surgeries in the year of '96 and '97 the 4 walls was getting next to me, and going stir crazy so had to do something....was invited to a quilting guild and they had a show n' tell and the most beautiful quilts I had ever seen, fell in love with the ideal of wanting to learn how to quilt just like that..so I joined the guild and started going every month to the meetings and the ladies there was just wonderful and was eager to teach me how to cut with the rotary cutting and using the mat for measuring etc...you know what I mean..well needless to say I am quilting and making beautiful quilts too...I also make alot of baby quilts haven't done any wall hangings ones though. I have given so many baby quilts away its not funny, especially for baby shower gifts....etc. the quilting guild has helped me so much during my healing time and has been good therapy for me...It least kept me sane....haha
my husband ordered me some quilting frames from Graceland quilting frame company and he also have made me some quilting frames...I have a special room just for my quilting..
I will tell you a little about my self....I am married for 44 years. Have 4 children , 14 grand children and 5 great grand children the last two were twins , boy and girl and of course made them baby quilts. they are 5 months old now...I have only one Boxer dog left, we just had to put the girl dog to sleep oct. 23 she was 10 years old and was very sick. we sure hated to haft to do that we love our dogs so much, they are part of this family, their mother died about 4 years ago she was 8 years old....I am a RN and work only PRN (that is as needed) I am a supervisor now at a Nursing home In Farmerville, LA only on weekends. I just started there this past october.. I just lost my mother Oct. 18th which is still very fresh with me.. I had three of my children and their kids over for thanksgiving and they just left to go home this morning and I am trying to clean up the mess that was left....haha Oh yes my husband and I both have retired but went back to work.....as long as we feel good we want to keep doing something to keep us going.. my husband drives for a trucking company. which he has been doing as PRN for over 9 years so when he retired from his regular job they told him if and when you want to go back to driving you have a job, so he did after being off of retirement of 45 days....he got tired of the "Honey do's" he said that they didn't pay enough . haha
so I decided to do the same.....so I also went back to work..
well enough of me, write and tell me about yourself, if you would like.
Glenna