View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Piedmont Quilter

Sorry I have not been very deligent in keeping ya'll up to date as to my progress on kicking the smoking habit. I have not felt like talking to anyone the past day or so ~ 9th anniversary of my mother's death was yesterday. That always brings me down.

On a happier note ~ we went to the mountains with the church group and road the Virginia Creeper Trail. We ride the first 18 miles from White Top Mountain to Damascus. Just so you know ~ 13 of the 18 miles is down hill, only the last 5 miles do you have to pedel. (That's the only way they can talk me in to going) Anyway, this is the 2nd time I've made the ride and my hinnie wasn't near as sore as last time. Think it has something to do with the $50 seat the DH bought for me!

On a much, much happier note ~ I am on day 18 and doing what I think is great. Down from a pack a day, to 2 -3 cigs a day or less. And now I don't smoke the whole thing. Won't be long till it's 0 a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support. I will try to do better about keeping you updated.