View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 AM
suebee

Originally Posted by Annlil
I am a danish lady/girl living in the Netherlands. I got infected by this quilt-virus some months ago. My whole life I have been keen on trying all different creative things - except quilting. I have just never been atracted to it until.......
Now I am hooked. I do not want to work, cook or clean the house. I just want to sit behind by machine ;)
I finished a quilt this morning and while sewing the borders my head was already busy with the next project. You probably have it in the same way.
I really love this site, many very interesting subject, good ideas and beautiful fotos. But I have used some times to "translate" some words like DH, LQS, fat quaters, charms, HQ etc. Even my vocabulary will be enlaged being a member :-)
First off..Welcome to the Board from Arizona USA! your quilt is beautiful. DH=darling or Dear Husband, LQS = local quilt shop, fat quarters=precut yardage, charms=precut squares and HQ Im not 100% sure about, but could mean HandiQuitler (quilting machine). hope that helps. Enjoy!