View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 AM
motomom

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Don't you just love quilting by hand? Or at least I hope you are relaxing enough to enjoy it!
Ninnie, I do dearly love quilting by hand. After work, at the end of each day, I try to quilt for at least a couple of hours. More often than not, I end up quilting until late into the night, because I just hate to stop, and I have to make myself go to bed.

I was so excited to get this top into my quilting frame so that I could hand quilt again. My first quilt was done pretty quickly (well, for hand quilting) because I really wanted to see it finished. But then the realization set in that I did not have another quilt ready to go into the frame. :cry:

This time I have learned better, I have another top in progress so that as soon as this one is out of the frame, I have another one to put in. It is a simpler top, but will allow for some fancier quilting. It will be my lesson in quilting curvy lines.

It is like when my boys were small and I watched them build things with Lego Blocks. They would work for days to build some elaborate thing, only to show it off to me and tear it down. It was in the building that they were getting the enjoyment, not the finished product. Same with quilting. I enjoy the process much more than the finished product.

Thanks for the encouragement.