View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by Maia B
Sorry to disagree, but nothing about the word "museum" promises that its exhibits are antique or even old or traditional. And it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that the museum not having traditional, hand quilted, older quilts on display at all times has contributed to the decline of that whole area. Sorry that you were disappointed, but you know what they say...phone first (or check out the website).
I have to disagree, when I think museum, I think art. Art is not just old, there are also new artists that deserve to be showcased in a museum just as much as the old. I like to see old traditional quilts just as much as I like to see new modern quilts. Everyone has their own style, and not everyone is the same or enjoys the same things which is why museums rotate. I hate scrappy quilts while others love them, regardless both scrappy and non-scrappy should be showcased for different types of people, we do not all like the same art, and while you might like to see old quilts in a museum others might like to see modern, both should be able to see what they want at some time during the year to reach all types of people. If we all liked the same thing this world would be a very boring place. I like to see all different types of quilts on here and at shows, even if they are not my style, I can find beauty in all of them and the time it took someone to make them