View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:08 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by np3
Hey, I used rulers AND a pair of compasses and measured everything to be sure each segment was identical! AND I did LOTS of erasing too! You HAVE to do that as you're making applique templates. You get artsy fartsy with the FMQ. You can do this, I've seen your work, I know you're up to it. :-D
You really do? She just did it freehand and so at ease![/quote]

YES!!! Drawing mandalas like she did is an end in itself and imperfections don't matter in the scheme of things, but we're skilled craftswomen (hermm-ermmm :mrgreen: ) as WELL as artists and we're creating applique templates and art at the same time! How cool are we? :mrgreen: :-D So we have to be accurate at this stage and rulers, compasses and erasers are the ONLY way. You could even draft first on graph paper if you preferred... Did I say that I drew lines on my square of steam a seam across both central axes and diagonals, giving 8 sections? DO that then just start subdividing each section in the same way - straight lines, curves with the compass etc... everything you do in one segment, repeat in the others. :-D