View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by np3
Hey, I used rulers AND a pair of compasses and measured everything to be sure each segment was identical! AND I did LOTS of erasing too! You HAVE to do that as you're making applique templates. You get artsy fartsy with the FMQ. You can do this, I've seen your work, I know you're up to it. :-D
You really do? She just did it freehand and so at ease!
YES!!! Drawing mandalas like she did is an end in itself and imperfections don't matter in the scheme of things, but we're skilled craftswomen (hermm-ermmm :mrgreen: ) as WELL as artists and we're creating applique templates and art at the same time! How cool are we? :mrgreen: :-D So we have to be accurate at this stage and rulers, compasses and erasers are the ONLY way. You could even draft first on graph paper if you preferred... Did I say that I drew lines on my square of steam a seam across both central axes and diagonals, giving 8 sections? DO that then just start subdividing each section in the same way - straight lines, curves with the compass etc... everything you do in one segment, repeat in the others. :-D[/quote]

I have graph paper around here somewhere......