View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
quiltswithdogs

I'm experimenting with kaleidoscope. I only want to make one little block to learn it.

I have directions from several sites but nobody gives advice about the prints that work best. I've tried but am relunctant to continue using my stash without your advice.

I've tried one with alternating rows of a flower on stem with little diamonds in between, all flowers are standing in same direction and they do not touch. No luck.
I've tried a fabric with a repeated daisy spaced randomly. That came out looking exactly the same no matter how I reassemble the triangles.

I have ready to go a sort of hawaiian flower one where there are no spaces or different colors. The flowers do have some shading to make the petals visible and there is no space inbetween; each flower blends in to those surrounding it.
I have ready to go one with random spaced various looking dogs facing different directions (ie upside down, sideways)... maybe that'll work if I have enough of the same dogs to end up in a circle when triangles are assemble... I don't know.

I'm getting all confused. What kind of prints work best?

I love the finished look and want to learn this!

thanks for any help