View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:28 AM
BARES

I agree with what you said scowlkat. I have been to all kinds of "museums" and have found something interesting at them all. I have never gone to this particular one, but wasn't it called a QUILT MUSEUM and didn't they display quilts? Here's what I found and has always been my idea of what they were.

Definition museum

NOUN
1. place where important things are preserved: a building or institution where objects of artistic, historical, or scientific importance and value are kept, studied, and put on display

Thesaurus
NOUN
Synonyms: gallery, exhibition hall, arts center, academy, institution

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I personally take offense at the criticism of any effort to showcase quilts, antique or not! All museums, including the Smithsonian, rotate their exhibits to bring freshness and also because they do not have room to show their collection at one time! Perhaps before people visit such establishments they should have the common sense to research prior to their visit, after all, wouldn't you check the weather before heading to the beach!

I have visited the National Quilt Museum three times and each time, the exhibits were vastly different.

Oh and here is the definition of the word museum in my dictionary:

museum (n): A building, place, or institution devoted to the acquisition, conservation, study, exhibition, and educational interpretation of objects having scientific, historical, or artistic value.