Thread: Yesterday
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Maride

I attended the Alliance For American Quilts...Quilter's Take Manhattan at FIT. It was a nice lecture by Marianne Fons and her daughter Mary, from the internet show Quilty. She is a lot of fun. After that Mark Lipinski interviewed Jay McCarroll, the first winner of Project Runway. It was in interesting afternoon. I got there early and had a long chat with Mark Lipinski. What a fun guy he is. Is amazing how someone as sick as he is can find the energy to enjoy what he does so much. My husband and I have a wonderful kidney transplant success story and he was eager to hear it. After that I went to The City Quilter to see the latest exhibit at the Quilt Art Gallery. I didn't like their first exhibition, but this one made up for that. It was just incredible! My goody bag had Aurifill thread, fabrics, a thimble a and a CD with samples of full QNN TV shows. The ladies next to me gave me their fabrics and threads. I came home with quite a heavy goody bag. Great way to start a vacation! I am now inspired to start sewing again.