View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 02:05 PM
peaceandjoy

Love my Go! My favorite dies are the small tumbler, hst's and triangle in a square. Any of those, b/c the corners (dog ears) are already cut off. I did a tumbler quilt so quickly it was amazing. Everthing fit together perfectly.

Strips are nice as they can be used as is, or you can turn cut strips to subcut squares or diamonds. You'll find tips on doing that at the Accuquilt site. Of course, you can also buy dies that allow you to do wthat without turning to subcut...

I belong to a yahoo group (pinsandneedles) that sells dies at a 30 - 35 % off msrp all of the time. She is an authorized dealer, so if there are problems, Accuquilt takes care of replacements. Just something to keep in mind when buying discount - buying from non-authorized dealers (ebay or people who are selling "extras" or no longer wanted items) you won't get that kind of service.

You can also order custom dies through the group. Some have ended up being ordered in multiples as there were others who wanted them, thus cutting the cost per die.

Happy birthday, and congratulations on a DH who wants to give you a gift that you will enjoy using.