View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:49 PM
quiltswithdogs

I can't afford to buy anything these days, especially not a book. I'd love to see Maxine's examples. What about any of you... can you show me your kaleidoscopes?

The mirror idea was great! I managed to find a fabric in my stash that works.

I've cut out 4 squares, stacked and cut them on both diagonals, rearranged all triangles to make new squares. (I'm doing an easy version). Now I have 4 interesting blocks.

You won't believe what I used... fabric of music bars with notes! The bars are wavy, not in straight lines. Now, 2 squares have the bars going around in a sort of square and the other 2 squares have the bars going sort of towards the middle, rather like musical snakes. From across the room, it all looks like busy waves going in a pattern, then as you approach, you make out that they are musical bars with little quarter notes.

Friday I leave for a 4 day trip and visit to southern CA, 8 hrs from me. My mom and I will visit my daughter and check out her infamous house and business that almost burned up in the awful Santa Barbara fire. When I return, I will piece these 4 squares together, borrow a camera, DH will put photos onto my computer, then I will show you my first kaleidoscope attempt and see what you think.

But, for now, I need to pay bills and do laundry so I can pack....
...oh, boy, I am sooo procrastinating! I do not want to do those... I want to play kaleidoscope!