View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 04:26 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

have you ever had a fabric you had to have... and then were afraid to cut it? Of course you have, we all share that nutty obsession. I have been collecting Laurel Burch and Loralie Harris prints of my faves... cannot bring myself to cut some, because I only have a little as my budget allows the splurge...

So about 5 years ago I found this crazy, fun, "hairy" fashion fabric at JoAnn's ~ it was one of those fashion fabrics that only come out in spring or fall. It went clearance, and at a 1/2 off clearance sale I got a few yards... you know, for something down the line.

I ran across that hairball of teal the other day, and had it in my hand. Honest, it was all starting out so innocent. Then I turned around, and my Laurel Burch "Flying Colors" tumble print seemed to jump off the shelf from across the room. I put the two side-by-side and was shocked. So... now my brain says "well, i love that totebag pattern so much, it wouldn't hurt to modify it again and make my larger beach bag version... could it work? Hmmm..."

And this was how they played together. I think its a fun bag, worth of the beach in a week :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238098[/ATTACH]

the inside of the bag: for those of you who saw my other post, the outer pocket and center pocket and D-ring attachments were all alterations... just play with it and have fun!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238099[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-238092.jpe   attachment-238093.jpe