Old 08-07-2011, 06:48 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Charlee
Nancy, my A.G. Mason machine that I just got (Mamie, the New Florence) is closely associated with White, and some maintain that it IS a White (I disagree). It takes the 20x1 needle too...

White DID badge a Challenge machine btw....
Charlee, the White Dating site does not list any 'Florence' nor 'New Florence' under the White, Mason line. But if you go to ISMACS needle list, they list several machines called "Florence" under the Mason line and Davis? The ISMACS site also lists only two 'Challenge" machines - one was made by Davis, which would be consistant with Kathies machine taking the Boye 10 and the other one is made by National.

It is interesting that my Hitachi treadle is not even listed as existing at all!

http://www.ismacs.net/needle_and_sha...eedle-list.pdf
Nancy

Ps for those of you going to this site for the first time, you use the second column, which is the machine name. The second column is in alpabetical order, followed by the first column, which is the manufacturer's name!
Which White dating site are you refering to Nancy?

This one:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession

refers to the New Florence as a "Mason D" and implies that it's a White machine, but the Mason company sold to National, (can't recall the date off the top of my head) and then National was absorbed by White in 1916. According th ethe webshots site, my machine's serial number isn't listed, altho some shortly after that are. The implication is that my machine is pre-1910, but it sure looks a LOT like some of the White machines I've seen out there...
Charlee, you are right. I just went and looked and she has a 'New Florence' shown - picture - under the White Mason Line. It is a 1912 machine. Under the ISMACS site there is also a 'New Florence' listed under the Mason line, AKA., White. I was looking up 'Florence., not 'New Florence. My bad!

Nancy