View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:56 PM
valsma

You were sweet to help her out when you yourself have so little right now. It is not what how much we give it is that we open our hearts to give at all. This act of kindness will come back to you. There should be more people who are willing to share what little they have.

I did the same years ago when we were in a better financial situation.
We were heading out to dinner with friends and had stopped to get gas because the resturant was a 100 mile round trip. A young couple with a couple little kids were sitting in their car in the summer sun of Central Oregon. The sign they had said they were trying to get enough money to get gas home to Washington. I asked the attendant at the station how long they had been sitting there and had anyone helped them yet. He said they had been there a couple hours and he hadn't seen anyone approach them. I grabbed a twenty and while the truck was being filled I walked over and told them it was all I could spare but maybe it could get them part way home. The girl started to cry and they both thanked me and I wished them luck on making it home. In those days gas was still under $2 a gallon. When I was pulling out of the gas station I looked in my rear view in time to see them flip a u-turn in the lot and pull up to the pump. I knew then it didn't go to waste. I figure if it got those babys out of that hot sun it was the least I could do.