View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM
margecam52

I think you should go for it...set aside a smoke/pet free area and do all your work there.
I am a non smoker, really bothered (asthma attacks) by some perfumes...it's not how much, it's the brand/ingredients I guess...My BIL smokes here on occasion...when he drives up...the sewing leaves the room.
We have outdoor cats & 2 dogs...they are not in the quilt/sewing area...cats just adopted us one day.

I do quilting for others...I take tops from smokers and pet owners...and perfume wearers...which is the worst for me. I lay the top/backing over the quilter and spray them with frebreeze...and it actually takes out 99% of the wrinkles from shipping... I rarely have a problem with the odors.

Would I buy from a smoker, pet owner, perfume wearer? Yes, as long as the item is washable.

One other thing...don't expect to get rich selling your crafts...most will look, say they can do that and walk away...even though they can't. Ignore them ...they are probably going to not buy a single item from any crafter.
Marge