View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:09 AM
hudgoddess

I got this quilt as part of a lot at a public administrators auction. It looks to be a really great shape. It looks like very even stitching on the piecing, so I'm assuming it's machine pieced. The applique and hand quilting is, well, let's just call it functional! I think the maker did a nice job with fabric selection, and it's certainly consistent work throughout the quilt.

Anyone have an idea of when this was made? Can you tell by the fabric? I washed it just to see if it would hold up, and it came through beautifully!

Anyway, this was my first auction and I'M HOOKED! I had such a fun time, met some really nice, helpful people and came away with some really cool stuff. I learned that Buck pocket knives are valuable and don't let anyone distract you during bidding! :)

I actually found this quilt inside a wicker basket on top of a big pile of vintage clothes pins! Oh, and I got a Hull Apple Cookie Jar too! My mom had one, I have one now and my oldest son is getting married soon, so that's where this one is going!

I'm ebaying the quilt if anyone is interested. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_499wt_1416

The back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238267[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-238258.jpe   attachment-238259.jpe   attachment-238260.jpe   attachment-238261.jpe