View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 01:25 AM
geckos42

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by geckos42
Some of you may remember my post topic "Eastward Bound & looking for great quilt shops". Well, I'm back from my fabulous trip and sad to share that my luggage - containing clothes (for 6 weeks), quilting fabric, the quilt for my grandson (my avatar), gifts, toys, books (for my grandkids), my Dell netbook and worst of all, my ELNA machine - was stolen from my car.

To add insult to injury, I had called the insurance company just days before to increase my deductible from $500 to $1000! :-( My daughter says I was really tempting the gods. :cry:

So (deep breath) I'm in the market for a replacement machine as my stolen one hasn't shown up on eBay or in local pawn shops. I loved my Elna SU air electronic, even though it's 25 years old. However it was a sewing machine and since February, I've become a quilter.

I'm interested in your opinions/feedback on the Elna 6600 (Quilting Queen). I haven't test driven it, but I've looked at it - twice. I know Janome bought out Elna so there may be opinions about the similarities/differences between the two manufacturers.

Thanks in advance for your input,
KARREN
Did you check the local craiglist (thieves use it to make a fast buck)? That is how a friend of mine helped the police get her stuff back. She found the listing for her property, answered it from a new email account (no connection to anything in her belongings), and had the cops meet the thief to make the purchase! She did get most of her stuff back after the court case. Good luck.
My cousin checked Craig's List and eBay daily (during my 7-week absence). The Netbook serial number was entered into the national pawn shop registry. I think the "goods" were sold on the street and the clothes, quilt, fabric, etc. ended up in the landfill. They broke into several cars in the neighborhood that night, so they were on the move. It's sickening when I think that my treasures probably became trash. The fabric and quilt tops aren't much use to anyone else, unless they sew...with my stolen machine!