View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Welcome, MrsGuava. OK where in the world are you? When you mentioned that you bought 2000 yds of yellow thread for the embroidery, I gathered that you are someplace other than the lower 48. "Guava" indicates tropical to me.

Cream sateen with batiks sounds yummy! Are you doing the original size of 7" or are you going to enlarge the blocks?

You aren't going to be very far behind us. We only just started working on the 3rd row of the center of the quilt. If you have read all the AOTH associated threads, you know that several of us have Jumped The Gun & dashed ahead, but there are others that are working at their own pace. There is a schedule that you can follow, if you want, but you don't have to. Some of the ladies have started out by picking out some of the easier blocks to begin with & are working up to the harder blocks. I called one of the blocks the "devil" block, not because it was so hard, but because it caused me fits. Everything that could go wrong, did! Got it finished & everything since then has been a breeze, well, sort of!

Happy stitching!

Kathy

The Devil Block!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-238289.jpe