View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 07:31 PM
barnbum

Okay--the first picture is of three raggeds on my clothesline. You see, there was a woman in TN--I knew her only from a Miniature horse forum--a really neat woman. Last June her 17 year old son was killed by a driver on drugs. It was so unbelievably sad, as it is whenever a child dies. A quilt went to my friend, her husband, and their other son for Christmas--just to keep them warm as they experience their first without their beloved son. Sigh... it was wonderful for me to feel like I had done something to help--even from such a distance.

The next picture is of the hardest flannel I've ever made. It was also for a Miniature horse friend--one in Ohio. She and her husband had a series of tough events happen--so I just thought snuggling under a flannel's warmth would help in some way. This quilt is BIG--which was a challenge in itself--on my little machine. But, the other crazy idea I had was to make it "his" on the top and "hers" on the bottom. Not the easiest idea I've had. :shock: Never again--but it was worth it this one time.
There's a picture of each side.

There are more--but these were the gifts. The rest are my kids' quilts, and one a student's mom paid me to make her--but I decided against agreeing to that again. I have so little time to quilt and it feels important to make what I want to make. Selfish--maybe--but I give many away--and I just don't need the money it makes. Teaching is for money--quilting is for me. :-)

More to come...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51060.jpe   attachment-52874.jpe   attachment-54462.jpe