Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Skeat

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
Skeat, how do you keep your quilt from catching on the edges?
It works fine for piece work but not for quilting.
I use to use it (extension table)anywhere from my dining room table to a small table the kids had...when quilting, I just kept my 'card' table (that folds up to be put away)on the other side of it...sometimes w/a taller chair. On my side...I would keep another chair beside me and run it over my shoulder if it was long enough...or on the chair beside me. I eventually talked my husband into cutting an art table my fil had made me...cut the shape of the machine and extension table...now it sits flush. Still when I 'quilt' on it...I still use my card table on the other side, etc:)The idea is to keep your quilting level as possible. I just find for myself, having that exten. table even before setting it in my art table (which is a non solid door!)is to have somewhere the weight can go to easily...w/out this table I found I was fighting the weight of it wanting to slide off to my left...giving me more to fight under the machine itself. Guess that is why it didn't catch for me...I'm not sure:)Skeat