View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Yesterday my 2o year old grandson had another serious car wreck. He is ok but the car is totaled. The accident was due to heavy rain and he went into the ditch hitting a cement culvert. He came away with only a small mark on his neck made by the air bag pushing a ring on a chain he wore into his neck.
The reason this is even more upsettting than normal is because a year ago April he was in a head on collision going 65 and by the grace of God he survived. But he had numerous serious injuries. Cracked pelvis/broken jaw/ several bones in face broken/both ankles broken in 2 or 3 places/ upper thigh bone broke/ spleen and liver nicked/ he had to have a tracheotomy so they could work on his face. He was in the hopital for 2 months and was in a wheelchair and then crutches with his face wired for several months. So this is one more episode in his life that we (and I'm sure Cody as well) could have done without!!

I talked to him last night and he is bummed that he is without a car but they have his fiancee's so he can get to work. I am just so relieved that he is alright this time!

Thanks for listening. This is on my mind and I needed to vent a little.