View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 AM
dottientx

I was 83 in May. Use my computer more than I probably should and I'm always trying to learn something new. Keep up an almost daily contact with long time friends around the country. After feeding my two cats (who were born on my birthday two years ago) I start my day with my computer on my lap and a mug of coffee/tea or hot chocolate in my hand. I drive, do my own shopping and run my own errands. I'm knitting, reading or working on quilt projects most of the time and I'm now teaching myself to FMQ. I grew up playing under a quilt frame while my grandmother and mother quilted. As we would say in Texas 'Bless their hearts'. These two precious women taught me to quilt, crochet, embroider, knit and all of those 'womanly' things. My father and grandfather taught me to be somewhat efficient in their shops. During the past year and a half I've taught myself to knit socks on double circular needles from the toe up. After being married to the same man for 53 years I now live alone in the peaceful and quiet country. I do my own housework and tho it might be messy at times along with cat toys strewn about or if I'm into a new quilting project my house is clean. Seems I'm always moving my furniture around, especially in my sewing room, trying to get a more efficient arrangement. I still cook for myself but only if it can be done with the convenience of electrical appliances such as a microwave, toaster oven, coffee pot, skillet, a crock pot or my George Foreman. I've had both Thanksgiving and Xmas dinners at my home without a regular cook stove. I have said for many moons a person could do without a regular cook stove and I'm proving that to be true and I don't have to clean a stove. I still do my own pedicures so am still somewhat limber. I love to read and I don't need to wear glasses anymore. I'd say I'm doing pretty AOK for an old broad with a bad heart and am grateful for my good fortune. Bless your hearts!