View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Baloonatic

I used to smoke. I got a forced air heating system installed. I smoked only in the family room, thinking one room was ok. But the smell would wake my DH in the early mornings, so we decided to only smoke outside. I was always aware which way the breeze was blowing so I stayed upwind of the smoke. Clothes still reeked.
Got a haircut one day, they used deionized water to rinse it. They told me I must be a smoker since the smell was literally emanating from my scalp.
Didn't smoke in my vehicle, yet there was still cigarette haze on the inside glass--from breathing out the residual that was always left in my lungs! Whatever I breathed on was exposed to cigarette smoke.
Was in a quilting group for many years. One dear lady started to bring a neighbor with her, a smoker. She took a butt break every 20-30 minutes & never washed her hands. She reeked SO bad I had to just leave if she came.
We quit smoking going on 6 years ago, never thought we could after over 30 years. Nicorette patch made it literally effortless.