View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:36 AM
DogHouseMom

I've noticed before that the ad's on QB seem to be "smart". I've seen ad's for Turtle food when I read a post about someone who owns/breeds Turtles, I've seen ad's for shoes when I read a post about the shoe quilt, and ad's for wrinkle cream on the thread about ugly fabric. Smart ads.

And the ad's are not always the same for each person.

Anyway ... I usually browse the "Recent Topics" list, and at the top of the list was an ad for Couples Resort in Jamaica. I've never seen them advertise here before, none of the posts had anything to do with Jamaica, Couples, or Resorts - but there they were - again, and again and again - every time I refreshed.

In February I began making a landscape quilt loosly built on the Couples Resort logo (two twisted palm tree's). I've not mentioned the name "Couples" on this board in many months. So I'm familair with the Resort, and the logo - I would have noticed if they had been advertising here. I've been staring at this logo on my quilt since February.

Here's the REALLY weird part. Remember I said the ad's were "smart" - they pick up that you were reading "Turtles" and advertise "Turtles". Well apparently today it also picked up what I was SAYING - cause just this morning I booked - OVER THE PHONE - our next trip to Couples in October. And no, I didn't have the browser open in another tab with the resort - I had the phone number written down along with my dates etc.

Can anyone else hear the twilight zone music??