View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Yvonne

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Wow! What a wonderful messages to wake up to in the morning. I'm blushing! When I saw the sample at the quilt show I knew I had to have this quilt. I hadn't made a batik quilt before for various reasons.

When I first started quilting I worked with a few batiks. I had no idea what they were and, ready for this, didn't like them. Turns out the reason for my dislike was the pins I was using. They were dull and very hard to use! SO, I now have new pins, have learned more about batiks and have a new love! Wow! Just thinking of what I was missing makes me want to cry! :lol: No more! My batik stash is growing.

I've not decided what to do with this quilt yet. It really doesn't go with the home decor but it may end up on a wall for a bit anyway! It does make me happy! It's nice and warm so it may just be used come winter. Then again, a daughter's coming home this summer for a visit so I may lose it too! Who knows?

Thank you again for all the positive feed-back. Now on to the next WIP! Time to wind them all up, whip them out, finish them off... oh, you know what I mean.

:wink: