View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM
shnnn

Originally Posted by Rose L
Originally Posted by Zhillslady
Our LQS has only raised the prices on the fabrics that are new coming in but the next city over I notied last week her new fabrics are $12 so she's raised the older still in stock up to the same price. I will not buy from her aaain. I understand the prices went up on cotton so they have to raise but that bolt you bought 6 months ago did not go up in costs.
My LQS has done the same thing and she hasn't even gotten in any "new" fabrics. I didn't buy from her when they were $8 a yard and I sure am not going to buy from her now. Wholesale fabric does not cost near what is being charged and I find price gouging to be very distasteful. I won't shop there anymore.
It's not just the cost of the fabric that has gone up though. Taxes have gone up, utilities, wages, toilet paper... it's all more expensive... so even though she only paid $$ for the fabric when she bought it the other costs of running her business have increased.
It's not surprising at all to me that 1/2 of income would go to taxes... that means out of that $8/yd $4 is left to cover the cost of the fabric, and all the rest of the bills - I wouldn't think there is much of a profit there at all