Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Bill'sBonBon

I have a Granson that is ADD. He is 27 He is still ADD. It is hard for him to focus. He cannot sit still. But He loves baseball,video games any thing that make him focus. As a Grown man He has to work with his hands,keep his body and mind busy. He has never been on meds. He works with a company in Airconditioning for businesses. Does super, now they want to put him behind a desk as a supervisor and getting different contracts. He is not happy. He knows He will not be able to sit and talk on the phone all day but the promotion means more money and He is married with a DD and a DS.
As A Paraprofessional I was involved in more than a few ADD children. One Mother absolutly refused the meds for her son. She said I have to deal with him at home and you have to deal with him Here. She really was a good Mother just didnt want him on meds. When in class he never finished his work,Was a smart young man, just couldn't focus. I took advise from a Phsycologist for the school and gave him one task of seat work at a time. When He finished one paper He got another. This worked very well. Seems He was overwhelmed because He couldn't focus. But is someone didn't do one to one with him He was lost.
Giving your child meds for ADD is a hard thing to do. Even though My DD didn't put her son on meds. sometimes I wished she had maybe things wouldn't have been so hard for him. May God be with you about what ever you decide.
BillsBonBon