View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Ginny B

Wow reading all these posts makes me feel like I've been traveling around the globe.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. Married and 1st dh was in the Navy so I moved to Norfolk, VA. Got transferred to Philadelphia. Transferred again back to Norfolk -- then guess what - transferred back to Philly. LOL He got to see other places on the ships he was stationed on but not me. the second time we transferred to Philly, we didn't live in Philly - lived over the bridge in New Jersey. Our families were in NY/NJ so it was really ok that we didn't go too far. Then he got out of the service and a few years later, his job transferred him to southern CA.(lived in Duarte) We were only there a little over a year when we got transferred to northern CA and lived in Vacaville for a little over 13 years. After all my boys were out of school I moved back to Brooklyn and lived with my sister in the house I grew up in for a couple years, married my HS sweetheart and now I'm here in Levittown, NY (on Long Island). Think we'll be here for a while. Maybe when we retire we may move a bit upstate.