View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 01:29 PM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Thanks dunster - I thought you'd understand what i was trying to say but just wanted to be absolutely clear! Can you post pics of your next one? Or are you so unhappy with it you want to hide it away?! LOL

K x
I will surely post something when I'm done with it, if not before (to get ideas on what to do). The main problem, which I didn't see when I first looked at the fabric, is that the background color is very drab. I'm thinking about doing applique on the top after it's pieced, and maybe not using the hexagons with the rest of the fabric but doing something that will mix this fabric up with others. I need to let the thoughts gel for a while before proceeding, but I will finish it somehow. For applique I might use a Japanese theme, such as pagodas, geisha, fans, etc. or a garden theme such as trellis, flowers... It could be silhouette or color...

Here's the fabric and the current state of the design wall (keep in mind the hexagons are only half-hexagons at this stage, and taped together then stuck on the wall so it looks a mess). If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

the fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35198[/ATTACH]

current layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35202[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35198.jpe   attachment-35202.jpe