View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Terricat

Five years ago I was awakened in the middle of the night with cramps in both my legs. As I was trying to scramble out of the blankets and stand up straight, with not too much room between my side of the bed and the wall, I mashed my foot into one of the bed supports, not even thinking about breaking toes because my legs were cramping so severely. Several hours later, at work, I took one of my heels off to check why my foot was so sore, and as you can imagine, the whole top of my foot was red & purple. Never went to doctor, so now the 2nd and 3rd toes on my left foot don't bend so good and still hurt if I walk barefoot too much, which is my favorite thing to do in the summer. Several weeks ago I was getting a cookie sheet out of a cupboard where I have several of them standing vertically for storage, and the pizza stone rolled out and rolled right over those same toes before it tipped over on the floor. I tried to invent some new swear words, but they wouldn't even come out; then I decided to just cry, but it sounded so fake, I almost laughed at myself. Nobody around to give me any sympathy anyway, so I just took a few deep breaths and ....... put my shoes on. :)