Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by miriam
Billy when you pull the brushes out the whole thing can come apart on those - unless you know what you are doing they need to be left alone. The one with the oil inside needs to be cleaned up - it smells horrid when it runs.
Is this the machine that was drowned in oil? if so just shake the living crap out of it after warming it up with a hair drier and run it like you stole it! It will smoke and smell but it will go away eventually.

Billy
Nope. I knew better than to do that! It runs fine, so I won't mess with it! I really don't want to do any rewiring of anything. Now that 500 I got for $10 is just a gooey mess inside. I want to clean it out, but am not sure of the solvent that is best on that. Will I have to remove the motor to get the gunk out? I see them for sale on ebay or on youtube and they look like they just came out of the factory inside. How do I achieve even half of that? I have no problem with the really old ones, just these.
I did it on several. Get a little kerosene in a can. Paint it on the internal parts. keep paper towels handy to clean up. If you pull the motor you sure won't get any on it. If you pm me I'll send you my phone number and we can chat.