View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Watch out! You might be on your way to becoming allergic to black pepper. This is how I started. I am most likely actually allergic to the fungus that grows on the outside shell of the black pepper. Think IBS, shaking, cramping and profuse cold sweat. I can not eat antyhing unless I make it. I can not eat anything that has touched food that has balck pepper or been fried in the same oil. I do believe black pepper use has been on the upswing. It used to be offered at the table freshly ground in restaurants but now it is normally already added. Anything labeled with spice in the store I need to avoid because that usually means pepper. I can handle some hot sauce etc. I am not allergic to spicy food just black pepper.

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict
Just wondering if anyone else, besides me, hates the taste of pepper. I never use it and hate to eat food from anyone else or a restaurant that uses it. If there is pepper on food, that's all I can taste. Friends are always telling me there is so little in something that I won't even taste it, but I always do. Am I the only one? Please tell me that I'm not.