View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 AM
natalieg

Very well put and very true on both of your posts. You have to stock up and keep stocking up. I keep approximately 2-4 months food supply at any given time for all of my family that live near me, with the exeption of eggs, milk, butter and cheese. I do have powder versions of most of those.
Plus, I keep a well stocked fabric shelf and buy wholesale by the bolt when I can!

Originally Posted by BarbM32
I am looking at my soon to be 80thBD so I remember the Depression, no jobs, no money, doing WITHOUT, breadlines, homemade everything if you were fortunate to have the basics. This is what we are being promised now.
All I can say is stock up your fabrics, your groceries if you can, prices will increase, stores will close and jobs will be fewer. Unemployment will affect everyone somehow. My FIL supported his entire family, parents, siblings and his own immediate family. He was the only one with a job and it was with the railroad making $200 a month.
When I closed my fabrics stores a few years back my husband insisted I save too much fabrics. Since then I've had a couple of sales for a $1 yd for at the time I purchased was high price fabric. I still have more pieces than the fabric shops. Watching our sad economy I intend to enjoy what I have left. While I would love to have newly designed fabrics I just buy a fat quarter or two and be thankful I have on hand what I do. So sorry to rain on your coffee this AM but it has been raining very hard here and all night long, yeh, yeh, yeh, we need it.