Thread: Crazy or crazed
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 07:59 AM
ginnh1588

I am fairly new to quilting. Let me be honest. I've started three but only finished two for grandkiddos for Christmas last Valentine's Day. They were real tacky but the kids loved them.

I woke up this morning resolved to correct the 36" square Trip Around the World that I really messed up on--the pattern part. After about 30 minutes, I realized fixing it was folly. I am beginning to hate it a lot. So, here you are, my fellow but far superior quilters who always seem to have a supportive word or an idea for even the worst of us. Here is what I thought I would do and I am hoping you have other suggestions--but ones that are not too complicated.

I thought I would put all 30 strips of 8, 2" blocks already sewn together into a big sack, shake the hell out of it and just sew together whatever strip comes out next until I get my 36" inch "quilt". Anything more creative or less destructive that you can think of would be appreciated. I am going to start promptly one hour from now and will check this board before I start. I thank you in advance. I promise to make this my first submission to the picture part of this list-serve.

Now, I am going outside to cut weeds with the hedge trimmer to wear off a little aggression. Thanks, folks.