Thread: Crazy or crazed
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 AM
kimg

Don't be discouraged. I find that patterns that come so easy to some people can drive me nuts going together. My advice would be to put that out of sight for now and start something that you can get excited about working on. Find a pattern that there is almost no way to mess up. Someday, after some successes, you will want to dig that back out and do something with it. You could always just do a postage stamp or something random. Another idea is to finish it just as a throw or wall hanging so that you do not have to work on it long. I find that frustration makes the process NO FUN! I want to enjoy making quilts and it is such good therapy when you do enjoy it. Sometimes when I begin to struggle with a project I can not get to the point where it is enjoyable again. For that reason I have some UFO's lying around. No worries... someday I will do something with them. I have gone back and made something small out of some of them already. Your skill level will progress as you work. Don't be discouraged! This board is the best place for advice. When you get stuck post pics and ask for some more expert help. Sometimes the ideas people come up with astound me! I love the fence rail pattern. It is so easy, but it can look complicated when set together. You can strip piece and it goes so quickly. I did a trip around the world baby quilt and I found it really difficult to get right. My daughter thought I was crazy because they were so easy to her. If you aren't frustrated to the point of not enjoying the process finish it in a more random way. If you are, start something else. The quilt police won't come get you for having a UFO, or we would ALL BE GONE!!!