Old 06-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by omak

Well ... she is a Hereford/Simmental/Limousine cross. A beautiful white face with red spots over her eyes. She has a white spot on each of her hind feet above the hoof, a tip of white on the end of her tail, and a lot of white on the inside of her ears. I am thinking of naming her "Tippy", but I am thinking someone here might not think naming a cow with her name - - appropriate.
Hubby suggested Bandit, because of the spots around her eyes, but they really don't form a mask.
After that, I was thinking: Target, since from the first time she got up, she headed for the food bar and didn't fall over until after she had eaten ... first time I ever saw a calf get up and not fall over at least three times before she got the hang of walking. But, this calf just never went down until she was ready to lay down.
Boy says he is getting tired of keeping track of all the names, and he wants to name her "Hey You!" He is not the most creative tagger on the place, as you can see.
My sneaker cow is still incubating.
For a city girl, you do pretty well! LOL
Hey Omak,

Well, my hubby is being a real comedian tonight, as he suggests you name it T-bone and call us when it's ready. :P :oops: Did I say he loves beef? Well, so do I, but to me, it's an animal before it's anything else. Let's see, how about "Spot"?? No? Well, I guess that does conjure up the likes of another animal, now doesn't it? Guess we're not so helpful, sorry. :D Pinto? Pox? Polka Spot? Oh heavens,... best quit while I'm ahead.

Goodnight,

Karla

ETA: After being married to farmer brown for nearly 25 years, guess I'm losing my city-slicker-ness. We's mountain folk now. LOL