Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Miriam just remember all the machine I have are missing the motors except my industrial W&G. That is the first thing that happens to them when they come home.......bye bye motor :lol:

Billy
Hey everyone will be glad to know that we gave my 1909 66-1 Lotus a motorectomy last night. DH wasn't sure I hadn't lost my mind, until I thoroughly explained to him how easy it is to do it and that I want to put the 66 into the treadle base I got this weekend. So he did it...and he was very happy with the result. He appreciates fine wood, and was tinkering around to find the best way to get the 66 into the cabinet with the least amount of carving the hole in the top. He figured it out last night, and I think he'll be doing it today. He's very clever!! :-)

The base I got was from 1891, and is Honduran mahogany. The machine/cabinet had the original receipt still in it..Nov 1891, $70. We (Quiltncowgirl & I) bought it from the family who owned it from the first day...pretty cool. It had a fiddle base roses & cornflower decals head on it; don't know the model. Quiltncowgirl took the head, I took the base. I know, I know!! I am dealing with a little guilt over splitting it up...and so is Quiltncowgirl. But we both wanted nice pieces, and this is what we found. At least we know we can put it back together at some time if either of us wants to do that.