Old 08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Homemother

My mom grew up with people making comments about how she must have a fiery personality and a temper because she had red hair. She had both, but she also had a beautiful head of red hair that stayed with her well into her 70s. I think lots of her contemporaries were really jealous of her red hair and it wasn't very common where we lived, so she really stood out. She took the ribbing in stride for the most part with the exception of one of my dad's cousins who always called her Red. Him, she didn't like. If she could take all that with a smile, the rest of us who are blondes can take blonde jokes with light humor. We all have to admit that we have a "mental moment" at some point and whatever it is call is really not meant to be an offense to anyone.

I'm 50 and my generation seems to be the one of the middle of the PC movement sandwich. We heard our elders say so many phrases that are unacceptable today, but really didn't mean any harm. Our kids are growing up very "sensitive" to others. How in the world can we laugh and be lighthearted if we cannot laugh at ourselves?

'Nuff said. I think I try not to have a blonde moment today, I mean brain fart, I mean heading to age 55 moment, a mentalpause moment, oh, whatever!!! Laughter is indeed good medicine!!!