View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 12:21 PM
janallyn

my dog does have drops, but in the past when he did not, i put borax, like 20 mule team, in the corners of each room,along the base boards, under the sofa and its cushions, under anything i could, it did not solve the problem, but it sure helped, i guess they breath thru their little disgusting legs, and then it clogs them up and they die or dry up or something. i do not nor did not have cats tho, so i do not know if it will cause a problem with a cat, love um just do not have them. it worked better than the stuff that you sprinkle on the floor and pay to much for, i would also sprinkle just plain old baking soda on the rest of the carpet before i vacumned and left it there for at least thirty minutes, then around the edges with a shop vac about once a week, and then reapplied it. it really kept them down, and worked as best as something like that can. flea bombs did not work at all, the grandmotherly type told me to do the above and it seemed to work. my dog is a house dog, tho he is way to big to be one, but he is a wimp, so i also treated my lawn with ortho or something, do not remember, it really did not help much. pm me and i will tell you all i did, florida must be the flea capitol of the united states, lol, so i do have some ideas

jan in palatka