View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM
gaevren

Originally Posted by ckcowl
some times life does happen- but a turn around date should be settled upon- or the quilter should at least keep in touch and let you know if there will be a hold up-
i used to always get them out within 2 weeks- i've had alot of (life and death) happening this year- when it looked like i just couldnt' get to quilts i called people and let them know what was happening- and when i expected to get them done- and asked if there was a need by date---i always- always stay in touch if i have someone elses master piece in my home- i really don't like having them around too long- worried about something happening to them---would rather get them done and gone again...but communication is essential to run a business
This x 100. Communication is the key.

The only reasonable excuse for not communicating with your customers, ESPECIALLY when it seems like you won't have something completed by the agreed-upon date, is because you're in a coma or dead! Well perhaps I exaggerate a bit but you know what I mean.

Things happen that are sometimes beyond our control- or we make mistakes (we're only human). I don't get upset when a business makes a mistake or when something unexpected happens, unless they refuse to make it right and/or never give me a courtesy call. The business that goes out of their way to make sure I know what's going on (customer service 101!) is the business that I'll go back to.

You might want to voice your concerns to her politely. I am wondering how she keeps track of when these quilts are due. At the very least I would have a calendar with due dates on it so I could refer to it and see what needs to be finished asap or who needs to receive a phone call!