View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:21 PM
janallyn

Ramona Byrd reminded me of something way in the past, it was said that to give garlic pills to dogs would rid them of their fleas, well we were poor, but did manage to buy the pills, it also said that if to much was given to the dogs they could get sick and maybe die, which could be true, i do not know, however, we gave our two bassetts the pills, i do not remember how many by weight, but came home from work and they got on the kitchen cabinet, chewed open the bottle and ate the pills, all of them, they only smelled like garlic for a week, but it was so funny. we did not try that again, but please be careful, some dogs may be more delicate than a bassett is, we had kaluhua for 19 years and lulu belle for 18, they both died of old age in their beds, very peaceful. and lulu ate my entire chocolate birthday cake my mom made me, and i mean a three layer, double homemade chocolate with chocolate frosting, but frankly i do think bassett's have cast iron stomachs. they were such good dogs, now i do not believe that garlic pills or chocolate cake is good for dogs, but what good memories those dogs gave me,

jan in palatka