Thread: I love to quilt
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 11:55 AM
pattysue

Bob and I have been married 51 years. Last year for our 50th we took a 6000 mile train trip from Kansas City (where we live) to Chicago, then on to Minneapolis and west across the northern states to Oregon, then down the coast to San Francisco and home across the Rockies. The food was great, the scenery beautiful and the people we met were interesting. (You notice I mentioned "food" first.) We enjoyed ourselves very much.

We have a daughter with 2 sons and a daughter; also a son with a boy and girl. We are fortunate that they both live in the area. Our oldest grandchild (Chris) is just 19 so it will be a while before we have any great-grandchildren.

Where do you live in Arkansas? At the end of World War II we lived in Camden. Don't remember very much of it except we had to cross a one-way bridge to get from where we lived into town.

My husband and I operated a mom-and-pop printing company for almost 30 years before closing shop in 1999. Love retirement. I quilt -- and Bob "plays" with his computers when he's not remodeling the 2 bathrooms and the kitchen or cooking and baking. He's becoming quite a baker.

As soon as our son moved out, I converted his room to my sewing room.
The cork tiles he had stuck on one wall turned out to be useful. I just hang a length of flannel-backed vinyl on it and have a design wall.

I envy you being able to hand quilt. I wouldn't have the patience even if my arthritic fingers would cooperate.

Every fall our quilt guild puts on a quilt show at Crown Center (Hallmark) and members make small quilts to sell, proceeds going to the Mayor's Christmas Tree Fund

Sorry to hear about your bout with breast cancer. Okay now? I had by-pass surgery in 1982 and again in 2003. Hope never to have to go through that again.

Well, I've rattled on long enough.