View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 PM
gingerella

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
My sister-in-law is 15 and very much into fashion. I wanted to make her something for Christmas but I have no idea what. Last year I made her fingerless gloves from a black fleece with a skull print on it and she loved them. This year I was thinking of making her a little lap quilt sampler made of traditional quilt blocks but using bright, modern fabrics. I have a bright pink cotton, black cotton, and an aqua zebra print cotton. I can also get cotton with hearts and skulls, hot pink leopard, or anything else that might appeal to a teenager. Do you think this would go down well or is it too lame of a gift for a 15-year old? Any suggestions?
Well, I've got THREE fifteen year old girls to make quilts for this year. I am in the midst of the first one. I appreciate your pondering over what to do and how to make it. I've been agonizing over that as well.

Fortunately for me, I've got colors to work with, as each of the three has a favorite color. I started with the 'blue' girl. Then, I've got a green girl, and then a purple girl to do.

I think your choices are terrific. Bright colors always seem to be a hit with young people. I at first started to go your way, but unfortunately for me, the three girls I am sewing for are sisters, yes, triplets. So I have to make them different, but the same or more or less the same. It's a problem.