View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM
charismah
Banned

Originally Posted by JanTx
A friend of mine has quilted two quilts for me on her Tin Lizzie. I know so little about this that I'm not even sure that IS a "long arm" but anyway...

She quilted only for herself until a few months ago when she began to feel comfortable enough to take in some other quilts at a "learning curve" price. I quilt most of mine myself using very simple SIAD and cross-hatch methods, but have used her for two of my projects.

In both quilts she has done for me there have been a few places where the stitching had a gap. I'm not sure what happened - the fabric had needle holes, but ... no thread. When I find this I simply follow her stitching line on my machine and fill in the gaps. We're talking 1" - 2" here.

Here's the question: is this usual? To be expected? Or is it something I need to show her so she is aware of it? We are good enough friends that she would not be offended. I just don't know enough to know what to expect.
Well I am surprised she didn't notice skipped stitches in 1-2 inches??
There are a few things that can cause that..my machine has been acting up lately and that is one of the things....but mine is a different issue because I have just had my whole machine re-built.

In a regular case...that is needle deflection...so maybe the needle wasn't put in correctly...it could be dull. Or her timing could be a bit off. So she needs to know so she can fix it.