View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM
alaskasunshine

I tend to be wickedly unorganized so... I really try to be somewhat organized in my quilt room. I have shelves that are wooden cases and (3) have adjustable shelves on them. I store the fabric folded and keep the shade drawn so no fabric bleeds. Unfortunatly that room has the beautiful mountain views...truely stunning. I have several cabinets I have picked up at yard sales and I have my books and magazines in there with my rulers and templates, and various odds and ends. I don't have a lot of stuff but I do collect fabric.

I generally buy at least 4 yards of fabric at a time. I used to make tons of quilts for charity mostly for people I did not know. SO I needed a great variety of fabrics to fit lots of different types of people and the specific situation.

I am in the same quandry as to how to know how much fabric I have. I have never found a great way to keep track of that.I know several ladies that ONLY store their fabric in Apple Boxes. I personally would hate that because I love to look at and oooh and ahhh at the fabrics.

I hope this helps you out! Have fun in your quilting!!!

P.S. The next time I buy fabric I will be using Thousands of bolts.com for sure. A friend of mine bought from there and it came beautifully packaged and labled. We were quite impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!